Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Poland - arrival

Arrived safely in Krakow despite astonishingly surly Continental Airlines cabin staff and a seven-hour layover in Frankfurt. However, Polish airlines (LOT) won our hearts by offering free wine & beer in economy class. Upon arrival, I was approached by an elderly Berkeley professor who asked me if I was attending the conference on classical Iranian history, thereby confirming my claim that I am of scholarly appearance. Our apartment block is in a perfect location on the 13th-century market square though the eight flights of stairs with two heavy suitcases did test my patience as a porter. A delightful snack & beer on the square complete with bread and pork lard offering a low cholesterol end to the day.  You can go to the photo album by clicking on any of the photos.




No comments: