Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Krakow - orientation

I have decided that I love Krakow.  I realize that I had no idea what a jewel it is in Europe’s medieval crown. Which other cities can compete I wonder? Bruges maybe? And, as an added benefit, the tourist/restaurant business is managed and run by pretty young women who all speak perfect English.  I consider that I am now old enough to get away with that comment; I probably remind most of them of their granddad.


While we usually try and “have a go” linguistically (with apologies to Wilfred Pickles), I suspect that both Polish & Hungarian might be beyond us. Today was a veg-out and orientation day. Bought our train ticket to Budapest, found a beautiful Art Deco hotel for our return to Krakow and stocked up on delicious yogurt, blackcurrants and raspberries at the open-air market. Fortunately, both of us love markets. As part of the errand-running activities, we did get to cover most of the Old City, in an initial, cursory fashion.  And yes, these are sunflowers at the market.

No comments: